Monday, August 3, 2009

Matt Haywod

Hey everybody..

This is my first post on the blog since I've been here. ( I couldn't avoid corey any longer) 
 
This weekend all the lads took part in a tournament and we were split up evenly throughout the teams. Everyone did really well with steve, will and callum making it to the finals.. However me and lacho were the only ones not to progress through to the semis out of the English boys (and Coach)... but we are blaming the team not ourselves of course...

The week ahead contains 13-18 year old campers so the standard of hockey will hopefully be better and from the first session this morning it also looks like they are keen to listen and learn from what you have to say.

The lads are starting to find it harder and harder to get up out of be in a morning because we are so exhausted... everybody is going to be stiff in the morning because we had to run "the hill" today which has made everybody unable to walk or sit down.. this made lunch time funny as all other staff members were laughing at us trying to sit to eat our food!

Personally so far I have found this trip very helpful I've learned a lot of new things and plays off Corey and other guys to make me a smarter hockey player..

Away from the hockey side of things the atmosphere between the guys that are here is really good, everyone getting along, encouraging each other and also the banter is awesome! I bet the canadians+Australians thought they were sarcastic!

Anyway bye for now from the Scoffer,   

Matt

No comments:

Post a Comment