Thursday, July 9, 2009

Tom Soar


Hi everyone, I'm Tom. Im here along with  Corey for the ongoing summer camp at Teen Ranch. I played last year for the Nottingham under 16s, 18's and Lions. Which was a great season with the under 16s  winning the national finals and the lions winning the play-offs. 

When i was asked if i wanted to come here i felt honored that i have this privilege to help me develop not just as a hockey player, but as a person too. 

After just completing my GCSE's and being one of the younger three here, I thought it would be hard being away for this long, but it really isn't. Everyone here is so friendly, the place is beautiful and we have all settled in great, so everything is just fine.  

A typical day includes being on the ice 2/3 times a day, which includes a morning session in full-kit and two sessions coaching where we help younger players develop their skills too.

Yesterday we were up at 6:15, on the ice from 7-9 and then at 9:30 we did a run of, "The block". Jim said that we cant be hockey players unless we beat him, which we all did so no worried there! Then after lunch we had devotions, another ice session coaching, and then an interesting judo fitness session, which I think surprised everyone just how hard it actually was! 

I'm really enjoying my time here at Teen Ranch. This will give me that extra stride that I need on other players for next year so the benefits are endless! Keep updated with the blog to see what we are up to each day. 

Tom 

 

1 comment:

  1. Block Results:
    1st and LAST: Josh Ward (who missed the turn off and turned a 16-20 minute run into a 55 minute adventure across the town)
    2nd: Will Weldon (18mins)
    3rd: Sam Bullas (18.5mins)
    4th: Rob Lachowicz (19mins)
    5th: Steve Lee (19.5 mins)
    6th: Callum Bowley/Tom Soar/Matt Haywood (20mins)
    (Norton skipped due to sore knee, Coach and Jim took up the rear (20.5mins) - but it's early and we were pacing ourselves!)
    Corey

    ReplyDelete