Saturday, July 25, 2009

Weekly recap

It was a busy week with lots of things happening.  As a group, the boys started to learn some more advanced technical lessons on the ice.  We covered things like defensive zone coverage, break-outs, neutral zone regrouping, and even some powerplay stuff.  The fellas took to it pretty well and have proven to be good learners - even at 7 in the morning.
One noteworthy incident involved the guys coming back from town after their nightly ice-cream run.  I've entrusted one of my cars to them so they can have a little bit of freedom and they finally had an incident:  
To set the stage Lacho, the trustworthy driver, lost his wallet (with his drivers liscence) last weekend in Montreal.  On the road Wednesday night they got pulled over by the Canadian Police.  The reason:  one of my break lights were out.  
The officer asks, "Liscence, registration and insurance please?"  
Answer:  AAAHHHHH!!!!
He has none - just a car loaded with 7 other 18 year olds!  Soooo, with no documentation to prove he's liscenced to drive, insured to drive, or hasn't in fact stolen this car there is a problem.  
Now, in addition to the lack of documents they only have my British mobile number and the cop won't call that number from his phone.  The boys eventually reach me (luckily at 11pm my phone is still on) I identify the Reg plate and the situation is averted.
Lacho was a tad bit quiet the next day... and I've got my brake lights fixed!  Sorry kiddo...
Corey

No comments:

Post a Comment